The definitive bib shorts for competitive, committed cyclists from the company that originally defined the racing shorts genre—and continues to lead in driving it forward.
The lightest, most breathable ASSOS bib shorts to date. Engineered specifically for full-gas racing and training applications—indoors and out—the 120-gram SUPERLÉGER is built on our S9 platform using hyperlight textiles for matchless stability and boosted ventilation.
Fabric - Departing from our standard S9 shorts, the primary full-wrap Butterfly panel is made using our Breezer Tex, an ultralight woven fabric with mesh-like structure, which promotes breathability and delivers an ultrasoft feel against the legs. The remaining front and rear panels that anchor the insert and contact the saddle rely on our ultrasoft OSSIDIA warp-knit material for added abrasion resistance and compressive hold. The bib straps are also composed of a lighter elastic, shedding additional grams and absorbing less sweat.
Contruction/Fit - Constructed using the S9 raceFit platform, the shorts employ our A-Lock Engineering framework for maximum stability and to secure the insert in place as you pedal. Our rollBar bib straps, modified ergoBox, and one-piece Butterfly panel join forces as your weight transfers in the saddle, ensuring frictionless comfort and stability during high-output efforts.
ENGINEERING - zeroWaist: A raw-cut, tape-reinforced edge for the smoothest transition possible between the body and fabric panel. More comfort with less pressure.
ENGINEERING - ultraLight Leg Grippers: Minimal silicone treatment secures the shorts in place without excessive pressure.
- RS SUPERLÉGER Insert: The evolution of the EQUIPE RS insert, streamlined to further reduce moisture absorption and shave grams.
- superAir microShock foam: A lightweight open cell foam with a shock absorbing composition that returns to its original position, filling the gap every time pedaling position is changed in the saddle.
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight.
- goldenGate: A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area.
- whirlKrater: ASSOS-patented system of holes throughout the insert, strategically placed to boost air circulation.
- Sundeck Superlight: The evolution of the patented kukuPenthouse construction, forming a pre-shaped panel at the front of the insert designed to keep the ensemble as dry as possible.